Blackjack Double options

Home Spell BlackJack Blackjack Double options

Inexperienced players often wonder how it is possible to win at Blackjack in the long term if their chance to win a hand in a game is around 44%. One of the main reasons why this is possible is because the player can get more money into action if he has an advantage over a dealer who is in trouble.

One way to increase your action in favorable situations is to double. When doubling you place a bet that must be the same size as the original bet. In exchange you get an extra card and that's it.

Regulatory variations in doubles

The tricky thing about this game is that the rules with regard to double can vary enormously in different casinos. That is why you must be well familiar with the variations in the doubling rules that you can encounter. These are not written on the felt of the table, so you will either have to ask the dealer for details or watch how others play for a while.

In many Blackjackspellen Can players without further restrictions double on each starting total of two cards. This is the most player -friendly control variant because it gives the possibility to make possible profit in all the favorable situations with which you will be dealing with.

This is not the case in some casinos where players can only double on specific totals of two cards, especially on hard 9, 10 and 11, which increases the house advantage by 0.09%. Some locations would even limit doubling to only 10 and 11, which gives the house advantage a boost of approximately 0.18%.

Legal online casino games play


200 free spins or for $ 40 in Free Bets!

Double rules with soft and hard hands

We have explained a few times that a blackjack dealer wins a little more often than the player. The possibility of doubling is the chance to get a greater benefit on the bank. You have to know when you are going to double.

From this perspective, it makes sense that the player uses more conservative on most hands he gets. However, this is not the case when it comes to doubling hard totals, where you should play more aggressively and increase your action if the dealer has a relatively high chance of exceeding 21.

Some people would settle for their soft hands and do not use the possibility of doubling. They are afraid because they only get one card, they come out too low. Because of this they miss lucrative spots with an advantage on the dealer.

If you look at the basic strategy table quickly, you will see that double with soft hands is only a feasible option if the dealer exposes a weak card.

In other words, you are doubling on your hands like A-4 and A-5 against 4, 5 or 6 of the dealer, because the chance is greater that they will bust with these small cards and you want to get as much money as possible into action against weaknesses Bank.

When the doubling goes wrong

Doubling can be very profitable, but it can also be very difficult for the simple reason that you have the right to draw only one extra card. If you double on soft hands, you may have to fit with a lower total than with which you started.

Like, if you double on one hand like 7-2 against the 5 of the dealer and you get a 2, then you have to fit. That is very unfortunate with 11 points. The only way to win is when the dealer buys himself. Nevertheless, double this kind of hands is profitable in the long run.

Strategy for double

The basic strategy tells blackjack players when it is the best time to buy, fit, to split or double. It is based on mathematical probability and millions of computer simulation tests. This guarantees the optimum decisions in the long term. Let's look at different situations in which doubling is the best way to act and explain why.

Dubbing with 9 points against low map of the bank

We talked about how you can sometimes get into trouble by doubling, but it remains the best game. This is the case when you get a hard 9 against a vulnerable dealer who shows a small card as a 5. In such a scenario you win about 59% of the time and you lose about 41% of the hands, i.e. if we do that excluding the doubling.

So if you bet $ 10 and play the same hand a hundred times, you can expect that you win $ 590 and lose $ 410 for a total net profit of $ 180. The average profit that you generate with this game per hand is $ 180/100 = $ 18.

Your profit percentage obvious drops to around 57% when a hunt, but this difference is compensated by the fact that you win twice as much when performing this game. The average net profit per hand in this case is equal to ($ 570 - $ 430) * 2 = $ 280/100 = $ 28. As you can see, you win $ 10 more per hand, and that is why doubling your hard 9 against the small card of the dealer is the best way to act.

Dubbing with 10 points against low map of the bank

Now let's look at an example where you doubles with 10 points against a dealer with a small card, for example 4.

Regardless of the composition of your hard 10 (8-2, 6-4, 5-5, 7-3), the mathematical chance that you will win will win around 58%, while the chance of your loss is around 35%. The remaining 7% explains the tires that end the same. Suppose you have used $ 10 on this hand and a game with several decks cards and the dealer must fit with 17.

If you decide to just play your hard 10 and draw a small card 2 to 7, you can no longer buy according to a correct strategy. With your advantage on the couch you might as well double.

If you do not doubt with 10 points in the course of a hundred hands, you earn $ 580 and you lose $ 350 on average. About seven of the hundred hands will result in a draw. Respectively, your average net profit per hand when you don't double 10, amounts to ($ 580 - $ 350) / 93 = $ 230 /93 = $ 2.47.

Now let's see what happens when you double 10 instead of buying. The profit-to-loss ratio is the same, so your total net profit in the course of 100 hands is equal to 2 * ($ 580-$ 350) = $ 460. The seven equal games are added and the average net profit per hand will be $ 460/93 = $ 4.95 and therefore you always double the hard 10 against the 4 of a dealer.

Dubbing with a soft 13 to soft 18 against a small map of the bank

Inexperienced players often struggle with soft hands, especially when it comes to it double. They are too afraid that they can spoil their soft hand by pulling a card that reduces the total and makes it a hard hand. They think this is way too risky and can cost them twice as much money if it doesn't work out.

However, in certain situations where the dealer is at a disadvantage, the basic strategy that you are doubling on your soft hands requires, especially when the dealer is weak with small cards from 3 to 6. Here is a brief overview of the doubling rules for soft Hands.

13 to 18 for a game with multiple card games where the dealer fits on soft 17. If double is not allowed on two cards, continue buying or fitting, depending on your total and the open card of the dealer.

• Double on soft 13 and soft 14 at a dealer 5 or 6, otherwise buy

• Double on soft 15 and soft 16 against a dealer 4, 5 or 6, otherwise buy

• Double Soft 17 against a dealer 3, 4, 5 or 6, otherwise buy

• Double on soft 18 against a dealer 3, 4, 5 or 6, otherwise pass

Now let's look at an example with a Soft 17 against a dealer with a 4 to see the exact differences in net profit when you buy and doubled. You can almost only improve yourself. In the worst possible scenario, you will eventually draw a 5 for a hard total of 12 and compete against the 4 of the dealer in accordance with the basic strategy.

Mathematically, you are bound to win by taking another card in 49% of the cases, you lose 43% of the time and you play the same about 8% of the time. We assume that your original bet is $ 10. Provided that you choose to take the conservative route and buy a card at A-6, you will have a net profit of approximately $ 490 per hundred hands and $ 430.

The pushes (equal games) are not taken into account because you do not generate a net profit or net loss with it. It follows that your net profit is $ 60, with an average profit per hand of this game of $ 60/92 = $ 0.65. If you double instead of buying your A-6, you generate twice as much net profit, or 2 * ($ 490-$ 430) = $ 120, for a profit of approximately $ 1.30 per hand.

It is essential to remember that doubling is always the best way of acting in certain totals when you have to deal with a particularly vulnerable dealer. No use of these situations is almost the same as give back part of your profit to the casino.

So make sure you have the basic strategy graph For the Blackjack variant that you want to play, look carefully and learn from the head. This will help you to fully maximize your profit.


Are you allowed to double the Soft Hand in Holland Casino?

No, you can only double with 9, 10 or 11 points. So it is allowed with a soft 9, 10.

Can you also double if you are already playing the maximum bet?

Yes that is allowed. The maximum is for the initial deployment. Dubbing and splitting is still allowed.

Can you double a 10 and a bait?

That is allowed in some casinos. Ask the dealer in advance. By the way, it is more favorable to take the bet 1.5 times the bet for Blackjack.